Friday, January 8, 2021

FINDING SOLACE, FINDING STRENGTH

 I had an essay to post this week, but under the circumstances, I put it aside. I think you probably have  said the same: you put aside normal activities this week. I think too many words have been spoken already.  Right now  I need to find solace in nature, to hold on to the truth, calm down, do some deep soul searching, and give myself time to regroup. Then I can join with others to get to work supporting those who realize the critical moment in our country and our democracy. As a friend said last week, "I'm so tired of seeing people perform at their worst." We can find our strength if we work together.










Stay safe.








10 comments:

  1. Your friend is so right:"I'm so tired of seeing people perform at their worst." I agree with Biden that we need more kindness and that might be the only way we can move forward. I'm not sure what to can be done about the far right- Proud Boys, KKK, etc. and how active they are presently. They do scare me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Tena. I'm with you about kindness as the only way to move forward. But the far right extremists will not respond to that -- we need to remember lessons from history. Scary times.

      Delete
  2. From Mary on email: Thank you for sharing the TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Steve on FB: Many commentators said “no words” to describe the week. You found some appropriate and soothing ones! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Terri on FB: Looking at serene photos and taking deep breaths this week are the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From SB on FB: Beautifully said as usual. Wouldn’t it be nice to see people perform at their very best?💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Jane on FB: Much needed this week, thank you Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your reassuring words and images, Martha. And I love your "gift" of advice for the New Year. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa. Stay safe this week and through the year.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.