Friday, October 30, 2020

MY AMERICA, YOUR AMERICA


 As Bill and I filled out our ballots, sealed them in the return envelopes, and carefully signed our names, we reminded ourselves of the weighty responsibility of voting and the opportunity our country gives us to vote. We choose candidates for our and our family's future.

I brought to my ballot my values and principles that stand out from among many that I hold dear:

Truth

Justice

Compassion

Respect for the Environment

These four principles top my list and make it easy for me to choose the Biden/Harris ticket. 

What are the principles that you take with you when you complete your ballot safely at home or walk into a polling place? This year I hope you will vote in favor of decency, democratic principles, and your moral beliefs. Our country depends on you.


We saw this play almost four years ago and realized how timely its message is.

Before election night, watch Pete Souza's documentary, The Way I See It. He was the official White Photographer for both the Reagan and Obama administrations. You can find it for free on Peacock or buy it at Amazon. You won't want to miss it.


6 comments:

  1. I would add respect for our fellow Human beings whatever their shape size, colour, beliefs or origin.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Responsibility to the future! Wonderful post, as always, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Mary by email: Thanks so much for reaching out to your blog followers to vote from their heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Now let's hope the turn-out on Tuesday makes a difference.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.