Friday, February 15, 2019

HELP JUST WHEN YOU NEED IT

                    

I couldn't resist replacing my planned post for today with this photo from a good friend. A kitty and hearts. What more can you want to make you smile?

I'm a day late to write about Valentine's Day, but I'm taking inspiration from my son, who once said we should celebrate days like Valentine's, Mother's Day, and birthdays every day of the year. So if you missed creating something special for Valentine's, here's your chance to create a sweet surprise (minus the cat).

The hearts in the photo are simple to make. Take a sheet of 90 or 140 lb watercolor paper, dampen it, brush watercolors across the sheet. Let it dry, cut out heart shapes (use a shape-cutting machine or your own hand-drawn design) and add your message of love with a marking pen.





My friend's other card is more complex, but still doable. You need to collect a sheet of red paper for the background, a gold doily, some images such as the butterfly (either from a magazine or from a craft store), ribbon, hearts (make your own or head to the craft store), and some circles to put your message on.

Once you've assembled your cards, hide them in places your person is most likely to find them: sock drawer, under a pillow, at the breakfast table for a morning surprise.

You could also download the images below to fill someone's week with surprises and cheer. Print these images on cardstock for stability.

Have fun with love.



by mARTha Slavin




by mARTha Slavin




by mARTha Slavin



And one for your cat.

by mARTha Slavin



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for filling my Fridays with surprises and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! And thank you for seeking out my blog post each Friday. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Dear mARTha...I love your new name. And how you inspire me. I did make my own Valentines for Sam this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's only taken me how many years to figure out that I have ART right in my name! Thanks, Jan, for all your comments and being such a consistent reader.

      Delete
  3. Email comment from MS: Loved the valentine ideas on your blog today. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MS. Valentine's is a special day to celebrate all the time!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.