Friday, February 8, 2019

FICKLE SPRING

by Bill Slavin


To the rest of the country, winter is making its worst mark. In Northern California, white blossoms cover the flowering pear trees, the daffodils bloom with joyous yellow, the primroses and shy hellebores spread their colors along walkways and under the trees, while leftover poinsettias seem out of place. Rain comes and even snow to the local mountain tops, but sun breaks through, rainbows appear.


by Bill Slavin

Our Spring comes as early as mid-January. We luxuriate in the warm sun, but we need the rain, and more rain to keep back the hot firestorms of Summer. In the meantime, we glory in the pink and white tinged street trees, we marvel at the tulip leaves pushing their way into the sunshine, and we check the tips of the deciduous trees to see the beginnings of new green growth.



by Bill Slavin



I hope you enjoy a little bit of Spring photographed by my husband, Bill.




6 comments:

  1. I picked the Daffodils yesterday and got a lovely bunch for two tables. They brighten up the kitchen/family room and make me forget the cold and damp chill outside. If I knew how t share a photo on here I would....but I don't...And Bill's photos are great! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you brighten a room, with or without daffodils! Thanks for your comments today. I'll pass the word to Bill too.

      Delete
  2. So lovely! We are so lucky here in NorCal with all of Spring's beauty appearing little by little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa,
      Thank you. I will let Bill know about your comments. And you are right, we are lucky to live where we do!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Martha, for the cheerful reminder of Spring! Here in the Denver area we joke that winter is over around Mother's Day and it isn't really a joke. It is cold, cold, cold but at least the sun is shining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring between rain drops or snow--just enough to keep our hopes up. Stay warm, my Frenchimpressionist. Monet is at the deYoung.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.