![]() |
| "Way to Go" by Bill Slavin |
Have you had a good laugh recently? I've talked with several people who hunger for a good belly laugh. I realized I needed one while watching a trailer for the new season of Ted Lasso. When he returned to England, Lasso came up to his new assistant coach and said, "Who said you can't go home again." The new female coach turned to look at him and replied, "I don't like riddles." I almost fell out of my seat. I also noticed when I tried to repeat the humor I found in this subtle exchange, that my sense of humor is a little quirky and maybe not for everyone.
Photography has been Bill's hobby since before we were married. He often asked me to be his model when he was given a class assignment or just whenever he had an "idea." So, I am from a long line of muses, or maybe guinea pigs for art. Artists often have a muse who becomes their inspiration in their work. I think of Victorine Meurent to Manet, Doria Marr to Picasso, and Camille Claudel to Rodin. These women inspired, taught, and changed the artists works that they appeared in. Some were artists themselves and are only now getting recognition. Others, like clothing designer Floge to Klimt, offered space where he could observe women in Floge's clothing that changed the way he painted.
![]() |
| "Reflections" by Bill Slavin |
Since we moved to the city, Bill joined 52 Frames, an online photography group with weekly prompts. I often turn up as the subject of the prompt. I cringe sometimes because I am no longer young and those photos show me as I really am, not my delusions.
We collaborated much earlier in our lives when we both took a class from a former assistant of Ansel Adams. In that class, one project was to show the personality of someone in a portrait. I'm not sure I was ever so coy, but I loved being surrounded by plants and one of my old paintings.
![]() |
| "Martha" by Bill Slavin |
This past week, the prompt was to show humor. Bill wrote the caption for the photo, which fits a description of myself: "She has eyes in the back of her head. As a former junior high school teacher, wrestling coach, and as an artist, Martha can handle anything and anybody! She's not fond of portraits, but Martha laughed at this one."
| "She Has Eyes in the Back of Her Head" by Bill Slavin |


.jpeg)
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.
I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.