Friday, October 2, 2015

INKTOBER

#inktober



A challenge to you: make the month of October a month when you will do one thing with intention each day -- an ink drawing, a painting, a photograph, an essay, a poem, a letter to a friend, a new recipe, a gratitude sentence, organize one drawer a day. Commit to your intention, whatever you need to do to make your life a richer place.

A couple of years ago, I wrote a sentence of gratitude each day. As I was writing every afternoon, I didn't feel a new sense of gratitude come over me. That was a little disappointing, but I kept at it. At the end of the year, when I reread my pages and pages, I saw my world with new eyes. Those small moments of gratitude changed me. I realized that change doesn't always happen immediately. It took a whole year of putting gratitude down on paper for me to realize what I had to be grateful for.

So I challenge you to do something with intention this month that may alter you in a way that you weren't expecting.

Inktober is a national challenge to artists to do one ink drawing each day for the entire month. In honor of Inktober, I've decided to make this my challenge.

Here are my drawings for Oct. 1 and 2:


#Inktober



#inktober


You might choose something entirely different from art for your challenge. Keep it simple. What idea can you commit to each day this month?

Check out Jake Parker's website. He is the originator of the Inktober idea. http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober


Let me hear from you about your choice. We can encourage each other on our month of intention!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.