Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Hopes



Spring, a California spring:  three weeks in February when the sun shines, flowers bloom, and then March arrives, when our rainy season begins.  The beginning of spring reminds me of Japan and Betty, a Japanese woman, who exclaimed that she loved spring green, the new green of leaves as they unfurl.
March reminds me of the full moon and the vernal equinox with the days as long as the nights and the week before Theo was born when the moon shone into our bedroom late at night. Its round face spread light over my face as I turned to find a comfortable place to sleep. Theo came the day after Easter that year, and like spring, he was a sign of Hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.