Friday, November 7, 2014

TAKE A MOMENT TO BREATHE

A good friend suggested a way to counteract all the horrors we see in the news. She has started posting photos of flowers and other items of beauty on her Facebook page. I thought, "What a wonderful way to give each of us a moment to enjoy the beauty in our otherwise busy day." So, I am making this Friday a day for beauty.



I hope you can take the time today to take a walk, sit among the fall leaves, sip a cup of tea or coffee, hug a friend, stretch, watch a squirrel burying food for the winter, skip (when was the last time you skipped?), bake some cookies, read a poem, practice breathing, pamper your toes. Just one of those things can bring you back to your kind, human self among all the 'busy-ness' of your world. 

What with Autumn in full delight, I'm offering you some of the sights of the season. Leaves are one of my favorite objects to paint.









Cattails remind me of Minnesota and the sloughs filled with them. Wheat is beautiful blowing in the wind.


With a big hug and a smile, I hope you enjoy your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from readers. I answer each one.

I do not post Anonymous comments because of problems with spammers.